Tuesday, May 22, 2007

reading & waiting

We're heading back home to California. My brother's graduation and celebration was filled with interesting encounters with family, friends and new folks that I'll hope to write more about sometime. My brother gave a brief, warm and humorous introduction to the ceremony. We also got to meet some friends from my brother's Mennonite church.

On the plane to Denver from Washington where we now wait to complete our journey I found the June issue of Bicycling Magazine. There's a challenging and ultimately hopeful story about bicycles donated to help with HIV/AIDS clinics and education in Africa. Check it out.

William Cavanaugh, associate professor of theology at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota, has posted an important reflection on war and Christian theology. Read the whole thing on Sojourner's God's Politics Blog.

For now we're reading and waiting.

No comments: